“Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit.”
A fully functioning world map generator that produces believable continents populated with intelligently placed biomes and natural features.
Our Map Generator is still under development and is not yet for sale. Please consider donating to help our development process.
- A fully functioning world map generator that produces believable continents populated with intelligently placed biomes and natural features.
- World Sizes ranging from 128×128 to 512×512 tiles for up to a total of 260,000 tiles.
- Generate a new random world in less than 10 seconds.
- The Ability to edit a map after it has been generated. If you don’t like the one you have, you can either regenerate it or paint over it.
- A simple UI: Our UI is so simple we are confident you will learn it in less than 5 minutes.
- Export your map as a digital image that you can further tweak and edit as desired in the image editor of your choice.
- Over 20+ Biomes including: Forests, deserts, plains, mountains, tundra, Boreal forests.
- Numerous Map objects including: Cities, Fortresses, Bandit Camps, Lairs, creatures and more.
- Load your custom made tile sets into the game.
- People who enjoy making maps as a form of art.
- Dungeon Masters and Authors looking to bring their world ideas to life who may lack the time to learn other software packages and artistic skills.
- War gamers who need battle maps for campaigns.
- People who are on a budget. Our product is a mere $20 – less than half of potential competitors.
Instructions for First Time Use.
- Launch the program.
- Select generate new world
- Enter in the world details and click generate.
- On the Map Screen. Right click the action bar slots to bring up the Map Object database. Click and drag desired Map Objects onto the action bar slots.
- Use the mouse scroll wheel to swap the selected action bar slot.
- Paint with the left mouse button over existing tiles. Some Map Objects are limited to single tiles while others can paint large swaths of the map at one time.
- You can zoom the mouse by holding shift and scrolling the mouse wheel.
- You can move the camera using WASD keys on the keyboard.
- You can change the brush radius for most Map Objects by holding control and scrolling with the Mouse Scroll Wheel.
- Finally, you can export your map when you are happy with it by hitting escape and selecting “Export Map As Image”.
- Congratulations! You have mastered the Mythrite Terrain Generator!.
Adding Custom TileSets